Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was packed full. Kevin and I spent time with both sides of the family. On Friday I met up with my mom and sister (Amber) after work to go shopping. We bought a whole car load of, NOTHING! It was a long day already and most of the stores were starting to close so we called it a night...and a failure.

While we were out and about, mom received a voicemail from Grandma Cathy. She sounded sad that there were no Easter decorations in her house to put up. For those of you who may not know, Grandma Cathy and Grandpa Don decorate their house (and I mean DECORATE, inside and out) for every holiday. And not just the big holidays like Easter, Christmas and Halloween. No, they go all out for St. Patrick's day (although she is like 110% Irish, so we'll give her that one
), Valentines day, Flag day, Labor day, 4th of July, Spring is coming day, now it's Fall day, etc,
etc. You get the idea. It is always beautiful and makes you feel good when you visit them.
Anyway, back to her voicemail...she wanted to know if there were any boxes at their storage unit that we could bring over so she could decorate. Well, mom and I had a better plan than to just get her the boxes. Instead we got up at like 6:30am, drove over to their house, snuck in, and became stealth Easter ninjas, decorating before they woke up. The next day we received a call with a very joyful voice on the other end. :)

So, I'm sure the Easter Bunny may have visited your house over the weekend, but not ours. Instead we were happy to see that the Easter Pig had visited us while we were at Church. My six year old sister Carmella, had been talking about the Easter Bunny coming soon and I'm not sure
how or why, but my dad proceeded to tell her that the Easter Bunny wasn't coming this year. But, rather if we were all good, the Easter Pig might bring us some treats. Well he did! And we all got a little something sweet.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! I actually didn't know any of those stories from our car rides - you've been holding out on me! :) LOVE your 101! Here are a few of my favorites:

    VERY happy about #9 (rid of heels) but my back/feet might get mad at me for inheriting more shoes!

    #18 would be crazy hard!! (Not complaining)

    #23 what a great idea! (book of your baked goods). Use Blurb! (that's what we used for our blog book so it would be super nice)

    #44 Cater an event with baked goods - would B's birthday count!! :)

    #59 - really? you don't have a library card yet?!

    #64 that one's on my list too! Let's go together (farmer's market)

    #79 cut out a TV show from your line up! That will be so hard! I keep adding them in. :) (BTW, The Voice is pretty good!)

    #88 I love The Giver!

    #95 What an awesome idea! (Turn part of wedding dress into baptism gown)

    #98 impossible! It been be on the weekend - can you imagine trying to work without the internet! :)

    ReplyDelete