Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ups and Downs

Well, we've had our ups and downs this past month or so. On Easter, we excitedly announced to our families that we were expecting! Everyone was overjoyed. Hugs and kisses made their rounds. Although it was only 5 weeks into our pregnancy at the time of our announcement, we were very excited! We wanted to share this experience with our family and felt that it was never too early to tell them. As I've always said "I mean, even if we did have a miscarriage during the first trimester, we would want our family there for us"...right?

Well, I can now truly say the answer to that question is YES, YES, YES!!!!

Kevin and I were expecting our first baby, correction, babies. We were going to have twins. Unfortunately, due to circumstances that, I know admit, were out of our control, we lost them both. It was heartbreaking! We spent three days at the beach...I think it was three days. I can't really remember much besides the crying, doubting my ability to have kids, blaming myself,
more crying, and Mo's (mom made sure I ate, even when I didn't want to).

Since I hadn't actually had the physical signs of a miscarriage, we got the news from the "Doctor" (that's all I'll say about that woman). About two weeks later, I was prescribed a medication that would trigger the miscarriage, along with Vicodin, ibuprofen 800, and some other medication for nausea. That was a fun experience that lasted almost two full weeks (NOT).

During the actual miscarriage, I also had my sister's wedding to attend and be a bridesmaid in. I wore a yellow dress and prayed that I wouldn't
ruin the ceremony by having to bend over in agonizing pain, run out to deal with the side affects, etc. Well, all went well. It was cared out without a hitch. Mom and I made the cupcakes for the big day and they were loved by all (see picture).

This brings us up to the current date. I am back at the gym, trying to lose the weight I gained and helping Kevin look for a teaching job for next fall. We are still sad/disappointed, but we know that things happen for a reason and we will care on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment